Sunday, October 24, 2010

Irish men not as easy on the eyes

All right, here it goes. I wanted to wait a little further into my blog’s life to cross this bridge, but I figure it’s better to just get it out in the open. This may come as a shock to many people, especially because I hear American woman talking about going overseas to find themselves a sexy foreign lover all the time. But for me, in the battle of looks, I’m sorry to say, all points are rewarded to the Americans. It’s not that I haven’t seen any good-looking Irish men since I’ve been in this country. It’s just that, well, how can I put this? Since I’ve been here I’ve met five attractive American men. And in all honesty, I think I truly remember meeting three attractive Irish men. Those numbers are definitely not in your favor when you make up the majority of a population. I don’t really know what it is. Maybe I just like to stick to my kind. Like how Nala went with Simba even though she had all of those hyenas to pick from. Not that I’m comparing Irish men to hyenas, but you get the point. There’s just something about the build and masculinity of an American that I prefer over other species in the wild kingdom of men. It’s not even specifically an Irish thing. Since I’ve been here I’ve met French men, Spanish men, Italian men and Korean men, and there’s just no Va-Va-Voom present. For most Europeans, I suppose they’re just too clean cut for me. I really can’t see myself being attracted to someone when they’re wearing nicer jeans than I am and took longer to do their hair than I did. American men, as long as you keep your distance from the Jersey Shore, usually don’t care about things like that. And why should they? What’s more attractive than a guy with scruff, dirty jeans and a tool belt? Absolutely nothing, in my book. So maybe it’s their hairstyle, their clothing, their build or just simply that I like to stay within my pack, but there’s nothing better to look at than an attractive, masculine, rough-around-the-edges American male.

2 comments: