Monday, October 11, 2010

Not all men are the same

Born and raised in the state of New York, I've had the opportunity to meet an aray of American men. These men, as would be the case in any state, any country, any continent, differ in many ways. You're never going to meet two men who are exactly alike in looks, personality, beliefs and so on. However, I have come to realize that a person's culture and surroundings drastically affect the type of person they are, and how they interact with other people. Spending a semester studying abroad in Ireland, and only having been here for one month, I certainly do not know even a portion of what there is to know about Irish men. However, based on the many first impressions I have had throughout my years of meeting American men, I can say that my impressions of first meeting Irish men have been different in many ways. I would like to take my time abroad looking at different characteristics that make up men and how and why these characteristics may differ depending on where a person is raised. This will include observations on their looks, their personality, their beliefs, their hobbies, their way of dress and, as I spend more time observing, much more. While there will always be exceptions and arguments against an opinion such as this, I will do my best to display how Irish men and American men differ, as well as how they are similar. I will also go further to understand the underlying reasons as to why these differences and similarities may occur.

No comments:

Post a Comment